We’re thrilled to announce our CEO Ian White will be speaking at the The Economist’s Ideas Economy: Information conference, June 7th-8th at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California. The conference will focus on how decision makers can better leverage the data revolution for individual, corporate and social progress.
While the era of big data presents incredible opportunities, such as smarter cities, stronger companies and better medicine, it also presents a variety of challenges since storage is scarce, systems are overloaded and many say that governments and businesses know too much. Through a mixture of engaging panel discussions, interactive dialogue, presentations and debates, Ideas Economy: Information will take a fresh look at knowledge management for the information age. The conference will also examine security in the age of big data, managing the human-computer interface, how big data is changing global economics and more.
Ian will take a critical look at open government in his talk Government 1.5 at 5pm on June 8. Other noted CEOs and leaders participating include:
- John Perry Barlow, Co-founder, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- David Cush, President and Chief Executive Officer, Virgin America
- Jim Goodnight, Chief Executive Officer, SAS
- Barney Harford, President and Chief Executive Officer, Orbitz
- Gavin Newsom, Lieutenant Governor, State of California
- Werner Vogels, Chief Technology Officer, Amazon.com
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology Officer, Cisco
- Spencer Wells, Explorer in Residence, National Geographic Society